With the increase in business activity and the ever-growing population in the Philippines’ No. 2 Most Competitive City, The Pueblo De Oro Business Park is envisioned as Uptown Cagayan de Oro’s emerging Central Business District and Lifestyle Center. Its features and amenities make it a world-class development for various businesses such as banking institutions,corporate offices, residential condominiums, healthcare providers, educational institutions, government agencies, and other mixed-use establishments. CDO’s competitiveness is further enhanced by the low cost of doing business through LGU tax incentives, cheapest power rates among the 10 Next Wave Cities, low rental and wage rates, and the large number of graduates and skilled workforce.
A portion of the Business Park was also proclaimed as the first PEZA-accredited I.T. Ecozone in Southern Philippines, allowing companies in the business process outsourcing industry to avail of special government incentives including:
* Income tax holiday (ITH)
* 4 years for Non-Pioneer IT Enterprises
* 6 years for Pioneer IT Enterprises
* Option to pay 5% tax on Gross Income in lieu of all national and local taxes upon expiration of ITH, except for real property taxes
* Exemption from import duties and taxes on imported machinery and equipment, additional deduction equivalent to 50% of training expenses and raw materials.
* Permanent resident status of foreign investors and family with initial investments of US$ 150,000 or more
* Employment of non-residents
* Other incentives as may be determined by the PEZA Board