You are somebody’s type.
Join the Pueblo de Oro Blood Drive this Saturday, August 18, 2012. Blood donation starts from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at PODC Building 3, Masterson Mile, Masterson Avenue, Upper Carmen, Cagayan de Oro City.
Why donate a blood? Blood donation helps save lives.
The need for blood is great. On any given day, more than two thousand of blood units are transfused to patients in our country. Some may need blood during surgery, while others depend on it after an accident or
because they have a disease that requires blood components.
Preparations before donating blood:
1. Have enough rest and sleep.
2. No alcohol intake 24 hours prior to blood donation.
3. No medications for at least 24 hours prior to blood donation.
4. Have something to eat prior to blood donation, avoid fatty food.
5. Drink plenty of fluid, like water or juice.
Who can donate blood?
– 16-65 years old (below 18 years old must present parents’ consent).
– Generally in good health condition.
– Weigh at least 110lbs.
– Pass the physical and health history assessments.
Snacks will be provided. See you on Saturday!! Let’s help save lives.