- August 20, 2013
- Events, Fiesta
- No Comments
August is a remarkable month for all the Kagay-anons. As soon as August comes in, the City of Golden Friendship comes alive with different activities and programs for the upcoming St. Augustine Feast Day.
During this time of the month, the streets of Cagayan de Oro City are lively with colorful lights and fiesta banners hanging. Cool and fun stuff are displayed by varied stalls on the streets. Malls and other establishments have also their very own promos and treats that are enticing to all the shoppers. Varied malls in this city has full packed schedule for this fiesta month. Just last week, SM City had its three day mall wide sale where items are discounted for as low as 50% off. The mall was filled with shoppers that were busy choosing and purchasing stuff. Centrio Mall outlets are also offering big discounts that are as low as 80% and it’s valid for the whole month of August. Aside from these promos, the malls in the city also had their respective scheduled shows and activities.
Every year, Cagayan de Oro conducts different events that are in sync with the festival month. As for this year, here are the following must watch events and programs in the City of Golden of Friendship:
- August 14 – 31, 2013: Kumbira at LKKS Atrium
- August 15 – 31, 2013: Garden Show at Duaw Kagay-an Park
- August 17, 2013: PBA Legends at XU Gym 6pm
- August 18, 2013: Kagay-an Festival Marathon at Centrio Mall 3am
- August 23, 2013: Cowboy Festival at SM City Grounds
- August 24 – 28, 2013: Kahimunan Regional Trade Fair at SM City
- August 24, 2013: Miss Cagayan de Oro 2013 at LKKS Atrium 7pm
- August 25, 2013: Kagay-an Pyro Festival at SM City 7pm
- August 26, 2013: PE Rhythmic Dance Competition at Sports Center 7am
- August 27, 2013: Higalas-CDO Parade of Icons at 7am from Rodelsa to LKKS
- August 28, 2013: Religious Procession at 5am and 2pm
Don’t miss out the fun for this year’s festival month. Let us witness the promising city of bloom and boom in commemorating its fiesta. Experience the Kagay-anon way in celebrating the St. Augustine Feast Day. Happy Fiesta!