When looking for houses in a certain city, there are a few rules that you should follow. Housing in the Philippines especially in certain urban areas like Cagayan de Oro city can be a bit difficult especially if you are new to the industry. Here are some tips on how to get the right housing in CDO.
- Ask your friends and family about any real estate in the area. You can even try to get the contact number of the real estate agent in order to directly speak to the agent for inquiries. In a recent study, 92 percent of consumers trust the recommendations from friends and family above all other forms of advertising.
- Have a strict budget and stick to it. Always have a certain amount of budget for your target house. If it is not within your range of budget or your income cannot compensate the monthly charges, try not to commit.
- Check the facilities yourself. The best way to know more about the house you want to live in is to check it yourself. Ask the agent to schedule a tour around the house.
- Research about the real estate agency. Check the credibility of the agency especially how they treat their consumers.
- Learn the basics. Take time to study how the real estate business works.
- Choose a house that is convenient for you. If you are working in the city and the house is way too far from the area, chances are you will be spending more money on transportation and other expenses which will be counterproductive for your goal in spending less money.
One must remember you’re not just choosing a house but a place you can call home. Owning a home is a keystone of wealth – both financial affluence and emotional security.